The double glazing industry is huge, especially in the UK, where the harsh climate makes it essential to have thermal insulation, and with so many companies out there, all claiming to offer the best product and workmanship, it can be a challenge to source the right provider. For those who are facing this scenario, here are a few indicators of a good replacement window company.
- Established – The ideal contractor would have been in the business for at least 10 years, and would also have a good reputation within the local community. Durability is a big issue with windows and doors, and by viewing a few properties that had the improvement done a few years ago will give you an idea of what to expect. You might be looking for sash windows in Essex or patio doors in Kent, and an online search will help you find an established local company with a good name.
- Design Focused – Some companies are profit focused and therefore, spend little time at the crucial design stage, looking for a quick sale, but there are those who prefer to help the client find the right combination, and they treat each project as a challenge. This should be apparent from the very outset, and with friendly and helpful staff who are focused on helping you, the experience should be a rewarding one, rather than an ordeal.
- Solid Warranty – Ten years is the standard warranty in the double glazing industry, and with their own fabrication setup, prices would be in the middle range, which is what you should pay for a quality product and installation. The materials would be the best, with reinforced uPVC frames being the best choice, as they are durable and require zero maintenance, and there is no reason why there should be a malfunction.
- Showroom Facilities – It is great to be able to view a window or door style in a real life setting, and any established company would have at least one showroom, where customers can sample the opening styles and look at colours.
- Affiliations and Awards – All industries have their own award schemes, and double glazing is no exception, and a good company would be able to show a few accolades within the industry. They would also be members of a double glazing federation, which is another sign of a responsible company.
- Self-Fabrication – You do not want to deal with a company that outsources the fabrication, as this merely adds to the already considerable investment, and by sourcing a supplier that has a manufacturing facility, you can be sure the units will fit like a glove, and with a reduced price, due to self-fabrication, you won’t pay more than you should.
If the company you select has all of the above, the finished job should exceed your expectations, and from that day on, you and your family can experience a new level of comfort.