There are so many mattresses out there, it can be difficult and time-consuming to find which one may be the best for you. We’ve taken the time to compile the top 10 and worst 10 beds on the market today. These mattresses were scored against each other based on materials, cost, durability and a heavy emphasis on reviewer comments.
10. Stearns and Foster Lux Estate Luxury Firm: The support system uses pocket coils with an above average count for outstanding comfort.
9. Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Audrina Luxury Firm: Great quality and is very competitively priced, typically below $1000.
8. Serta iComfort Hybrid Applause II: Scores highly on motion isolation and durability.
7. Lifekind The Traditional: Lifekind is one of the few options for organic beds, with a proven track record of dependability.
6. Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Cobalt Firm: Comfortable and above average support make for a perfect night’s sleep.
5. Sealy Optimum Inspiration Gold: Reviews give this mattress an A+ for conformity and motion isolation.
4. BedInABox Tranquility Gel: This mattress boasts a high resilience core, comfort, and decent durability.
3. Simmons Beautyrest Black Ice Phoebe 13″ Plush Mattress: This mattress uses four distinct layers for comfort, cooling, and support. With multiple technologies working together, you should have a soft, yet supportive night’s sleep.
2. Serta iComfort Savant III: It comes in both soft and firm, depending on what you prefer. This mattress is well priced for what all it provides.
1. Amerisleep AS3: Incredibly comfortable and well priced. Hands down the best. Technology such as the Celliant® cover, FDA-determined to promote better sleep, put this mattress leagues ahead of the competition.
10. Silentnight Sleep Soundly Miracoil Ortho Mattress, Firm, Single: Well priced but tends to hold odors.
9. Sleepeezee Hotel Supreme 1400 Pocket Contract Mattress: Commenters note it is much firmer than advertised.
8. Myers My Really Comfy 1000 Pocket Mattress Advertises a ‘keep cool’ many report it retains a lot of heat.
7. Silentnight Helsinki Miracoil Geltex Pillow Top Mattress: Comfortable but very little motion isolation. Reviews say it feels much firmer than a medium.
6. Silentnight Sofia 1200 Mirapocket Mattress: Well priced but may begin to sag in the middle after about two years
5. Sleepeezee Backcare Deluxe 1000 Pocket Mattress: Pocket springs tend to be felt after a few months of use.
4. Novo Natural Pocket 1000 Mattress: Doesn’t tend to retain heat or odors, but is maybe susceptible to premature wear and tear.
3. Luna Memory 3000 Pocket Mattress: Well priced but tends to retain a lot of heat.
2. Classic Gold Ortho Mattress: Overpriced for the quality.
1. Horizon Voyager Memory Mattress: Tends to sag prematurely.
Most mattresses sold online are accompanied by dozens, if not thousands of reviews. It can be tricky to rely on them because some companies hire writers and bots to give themselves glowing comments. For the most honest reviews, it’s important to see if the company uses a third-party verifier to ensure comments can’t be edited or deleted.