As you probably already know, facilitating a relocation is one of the most stressful, angst-inducing endeavours that the average adult can go through; however, it’s also an incredibly frequent occurrence in today’s day and age:
- At any given point in time, approximately one out of every four people in the UK is planning to move to a new property in the next 12 months.
- On average, Britons will shift homes approximately five times before turning 30 and about four more times thereafter for a total of nine relocations during a typical lifetime.
- 35% of people relocate to get closer to amenities and important local services.
- Approximately 31% of people move in an effort to get closer to friends and family members.
- 25% of people cite work-related requirements as the chief reason for relocating.
- The number-one fear during an ordinary relocation is sustaining damage to personal effects, furniture, and appliances.
How to Plan for Your Relocation
If you happen to be considering a property shift in the near future, it’s in your best interests to partner with a local removal specialist to help facilitate the process. You’ll be able to reduce your anxiety levels and ensure a safe, cost-effective transfer of all of your most cherished possessions.
But if you’ve never worked with a professional removal firm in the past, it’s important to understand exactly how to choose a reputable local service provider, which is why we’ve created a brief checklist to help you ascertain the top removal companies in York.
Step One: Look for a Family-Owned and Operated Company
When it comes time to entrust your relocation to a third party, you’ll want to ensure that your removal partner can tout a long-standing history as a family-owned service provider (as opposed to an impersonal, overpriced conglomerate). This will allow you to establish a tight-knit relationship with a time-tested team of local experts for all of your subsequent relocations.
Step Two: Evaluate the Suite of Services
Next, you’ll want to take the time to make sure that your firm of choice can serve as a comprehensive one-stop shop for all of your removal needs:
- Packing, labelling, and organising all of your provisions
- Extensive conveyance network for local, national, and even overseas moves
- Short-term and long-term storage services to warehouse and protect any possessions that can no longer be kept on site, ideal for antique furniture
- Inclusive home clearance service including sheds, gardens, appliances, broken furniture, rubbish, and anything else that you wish to get rid of
Step Three: Ensure a Cost-Effective, Personalised Service
Last but certainly not least, you’ll have to turn your attention towards the firm’s customer service matrix:
- Easy-to-use online quote request form
- Tailor-made removal services and storage options
- Fully insured for all liabilities
- Friendly and courteous staff
- Domestic and commercial specialisations
Once you ascertain a local removal service that can tout all of these aspects and characteristics, feel free to schedule a site visit and begin establishing the framework for your next relocation.